“The sky is not the limit. Your imagination is.”
About The Glen Academy
The Glen Academy is a daycare and after school learning and adventure center designed to provide children an advantage in development and learning for the 21st Century. We provide a safe, progressive alternative to ordinary daycare and afterschool programs for working parents.
Unlike daycare facilities and afterschool programs that take a “one size fits all” approach, The Glen Academy is based on Differentiated Learning that treats each child as an individual and provides optimal ways for exploration, learning, and development for infants to pre-teens. We engage our students using the STEAM curriculum (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics). An early learning STEAM-infused curriculum promotes inquiry and establishes a feeling of confidence to help your child succeed and develop a love of learning.
Our lead teachers have advanced early learning credentials, and assistant teachers are “apprentices” on their way to completing their credentials. They all receive additional training every year as part of our APPLE Accreditation and Gold Seal Certification process. FDLE background checks are performed on all of our employees.
We not only love students; we love parents. Parents may come by anytime to observe. Anyone other than a parent must be on the authorized list to visit or pick up a child. Our mission is to be the school of choice for parents seeking education and enriched daycare for their children, aged 3 months to 12 years, in the communities that we serve.
Early Childhood & After School Youth Development Programs
for Ages 3 months to 12 years
We are committed to being a premier provider of early childhood education. It is our desire to be the school of choice in the community in which we operate. Our programs, services, and facilities must be designed and operated with superior quality in order to satisfy the needs of our parents and students.
- We believe the children are our highest priority.
- We believe in the preservation of dignity, self-respect, and child rights in a loving and caring environment.
- We believe in the child-centered approach to care in which the total needs of the child are met. The child’s family is encouraged to become closely involved with the school in meeting each child’s needs.
To Our Community :
- We believe that our school should be responsive to our community’s early childhood education needs and should direct resources to meet those in a cost-effective manner.
- We believe our school should be a good corporate citizen of the community, maintaining communications with the various communities we serve and participating actively in community affairs, particularly those related to early childhood education.
- We believe in fostering a meaningful relationship with local educational institutions and assisting them with early childhood education programs.
To Our Employees :
- We believe our employees are our most valuable resource.
- We believe that unselfishness and teamwork are vital to the success of the school. Every employee should recognize and understand that there must be individual and collective responsibility for the care of each child and the financial success of the school.
- We believe in providing an environment in which associates:
- Have opportunities through education and advancement to reach their maximum potential.
- Are recognized and rewarded for their individual contribution and feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in their work.
- Are motivated to continue their employment with the school so long as they meet the expectation of their jobs.
- Are free to express their ideas and concerns and encourage participation in and feel a part of the organization.
- Are treated fairly with respect, regardless of race, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, ethnic or other backgrounds.
To Our Management:
- We believe in the decentralized concept of organizational structure and the participative style of management.
- We believe in the fair and consistent application of rules, policies, and procedures of the school.
- We believe in “results-oriented management” and encourage initiative and creativity within the framework of the organizational structure.
- We believe in being good stewards of our resources.
- We believe our work is rooted in Judeo-Christian ethics and that obedience to go is measured by our service to others. Only by following this principle will our mission and potential as a school be fulfilled.
The Glen Academy
The Glen Academy is the perfect home for the best of both worlds: learning and exploration.