Preschool/School Age Teacher
Our teachers at The Glen Academy will bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They will inspire children to be lifelong learners using our S.T.E.A.M Curriculum. We are searching for individuals who showcase their creativity and early learning expertise in the classroom through art, science, interactive and engaging lessons.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- High School Diploma or Equivalent;
- CDA or 4 year degree preferred;
- CPR and First Aid Certification;
- DCF 45 State Mandated Hours;
- Prior teaching or job-related experience;
- Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors and outdoors.
- Develop a careful and creative program suitable for children (Based on Age);
- Utilize a variety of educational techniques such as storytelling, educational plays, media, etc. to teach children;
- Observe each child and help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem;
- Track children’s progress and report to parents;
- Collaborate with other educators;
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards;
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals;
- Other as needed.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Vacation/Holiday Time
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.